<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7700726?origin\x3dhttp://kapsj.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
 
Saturday, August 27, 2005

Memory Basket - II

*If you are reading this I assume you have read the previous post*

Contd..


I got my gray matte churning..and cropped up with some people who wud have sent me the flowers but I decided to follow a reticent approach. Well.. anyone who'd sent them will get in touch sooner or later, to know if I got them and how I like them..and..etc.etc..
*18th Aug. Home. Still guessing. 11:12 pm.Phone rings..I pick up.
10 minutes and its all clear like a bright sunny day after a stormy night.

It was the person who had sent me flowers. She is my roommate's close friend..like a fone friend and chat/mail friend..It happens quite often that she calls to talk to my fren and I pick up her call..so we just do Hi ..Helloo..Wats up?..Ok Bye..Cya kind of talk..Candidly put, I never took her seriously..(reason? we'll see later..if you can get it). I mean I've never really pulled her into a conversation or something..so thats that..but this day..on a day after my birthday (16th). She wished me belated..and asked abt the fun I had/ am having..welll..I just..to get away had said..that therez no fun and budday is gone..and no excitement..blah ..blah....So thats wen she had decided to send those flowers to bring some spice and fun and excitement into my life :).
So sweet ...and my rooomate was involved too!..so on the fone she was all chirpy and giggling..ki
"boliye kapil ji..spice aaya life mein..huh..aaya maza.."..
I actually told her that there wasnt any need!..and especially she..when I dont know her..she doesnt know me..and strangely she had all the answers..
"Kapil ji..this is the beginnning of the friendship.....life mein spice to hona chahiye..so I thought to send..etc etc etcccc....."..
I had no idea wat to think..forget about saying anything..I was just hanging in there..with yes and no and yaa ...and correct..thanks a lot..etc..But I do remember saying something to her which got her confused..She had asked me whats the big thing if she had sent the flowers. Well...I had said..
"its not a big deal that you sent the flowers..the big deal is the decision of urs to send me flowers"..
hehe..and here she went..whats the difference.?..same thing!..wats happening here..wat do u mean..blah..Grrr!..I tried to explain her that sending flowers is just a few clicks on the net..and its nothing..but the fact that she decided to click is everything.!!..

I think she wanted to disconnect immediately :D ...poor gurl!..

Reason?. Nothing much.just that..she has the same name as 'her'. ..I know!..I know!..thats totally crazy..insane..stupid..irrational..paranoid..even I would say preposterous but when you are trying to run away..you wud want to run really fast..without stopping for any thing remotely connected..specially if u go weak like me..
(Self to Kapil: This shoudnt be here!!..Kapil what u upto!??!!..ok sorry!)

*The suspense was over. Melodrama was'nt. Neither was the turmoil within.

*There was more coming. After I was done with the phone call..and came into the living room..I saw this envelope addressed to me. It had a cute birthday card all the way from India..and a 6 page letter from the sweetest friend of mine just about this...about how its our decision. To remember or to forget..to keep it or let it go..to cry over it or laugh over it..to give away or to hold on..to wait or to move on..to be happy or to be sad..(Bang!!..Just at the right moment!)
She has got a marvelous handwriting and I was stunned to see absolutely no cuts n marks. What clarity of thought!. I wish I was that crystal clear. Thanks Anu.!!!!

*Earlier in the day, I had recieved a HUGE birthday card from phamily (as they call it). Its almost a wall poster..when it opens up..Well..it wasnt the size.. the words..that got me smiling.
I also got the Rakhi..and a pretty..chooo sweet Rakshabandhan Card from my sis..and she had sent me supari and misri (sugar) in lieu of the mithai!! :)..

* 20th Aug..Saturday Evening. We are having another party.
Birthweek. Remember ..It is'nt over yet...So this one is to celebrate my birthday and Umesh's too..which falls on 25th..Everyone was there..all of them!..We were in an Indian restaurant..and the food!!..amazing..delicious and palatable..and the cake..yummyyy!!..
.more cards coming in..but the best part was the gift Nancy gave !..cant even explain wats that..to start with its a pen..and errr....here its. :P


9:48 AM



__Recent Musings__

__Ancient Musings__

__TimePass__