| Thursday, July 28, 2005 |
|
So there is another party today.Umm...this one is a work party. The organizing group is pretty hip about it coz they are putting fliers all over.Even in the restrooms. Not to forget the emails. okay I think I can put one here.. +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Remember it’s time for another Monthly Blast, sponsored by the construction group. Remember also we chose to have a good old SOCK HOP! I received unsolicited additional definitions since I was way too young to remember: Sales: A sock hop is a variation on the twist and shout. It happens during the pre-closing inspection when the owner plugs a small appliance into an incorrectly wired electrical outlet. The result is a shout, hop, twist and socks whoever happens to be next to them. Mailroom : we don’t know what it is, but we’re pretty sure it was distributed From Mike Myshkowec: Definition: A sock hop is a term coined in the 1950s in the United States, following the growth in popularity of Rock and Roll, to refer to informal sponsored dances at American high schools, typically held on the grounds of the high school itself in the gymnasium or cafeteria. At some point during the Hop, the lights would get lower, and all that touching became more, well, um, personal. We called this "necking" or "making out."' I should explain what these terms meant to us. Necking and Making Out - Used interchangeably, but technically, necking didn't go below the neck. Really. Hickey - A slightly bruised area on the neck which guaranteed that everybody would be talking about you by lunch on Monday. Very difficult for kids in South Florida because turtlenecks were pretty obvious. First Base - From the neck up. (See also necking.) Second Base - Includes the area the Baywatch Babes are famous for. (Certainly not from the neck up) Only if you really liked the guy and never on the first few dates.Third Base - Nice girls didn't go to third base before marriage. Enough said. I guess someone is old enough to remember!!!!!! See you there. +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Necking..huh!.. (Words like 'necking'..'lousy'..'old'..'truth'..'lost'..'snotty' always.. always reminds me of Catcher in The Rye) As good and interesting it may sound..but strangely not many employees turn up for parties. I mean the last one had only 50 something out of 300 something..and they are pretty quiet..I mean the party itself..and the people..everyone is just quiet. They form groups with the bosses and get drinks for them (almost!). And and and..inspired by the summer and the parties..we are planning to host one to celebrate a dear frens budday :) So This Saturday. Drinks and Food. Chat with Chatters. Surprisingly, we have decided to make all the food by ourselves. ! God Help! 2:45 PM |