<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7700726?origin\x3dhttp://kapsj.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
 
Monday, December 27, 2004

Expectations

from others??..does it matter?..why does it matter anyways?.
umm..okay, fundamental, basic question->
why do we expect(from others)?.

Well, my personal take on 'expectations'.

I feel, (coz I have learnt), that I expect from others because I expect
something from myself. I expect myself to do certain things,
and in that process I start expecting that people around me will
reciprocate in the manner I want them to. Ofcourse thats coz it would fulfill my wishes. It would
make me happy. It would make me think "Kapil, you (only you) have done it!".

But, some where during that selfish (if I can say so!) process
I lose track of the beginning.I start to believe that it was
because of a certain individual (ne one!) who did not conform
to my expections, that I am suffering. Is my belief right?
Should I be blaming others for something which would make me
happy, and it did not happen? Is it not just one of those
false beliefs, which is directed towards self appreciation??,
which makes me understand that its always the others who are
trying to steal my happiness.

EGO?

I should be blaming myself. Simple, Straight, Direct thought.
Why dont I criticise myself? Why dont I condemn myself for
presuming something, for anticipating something?. for expecting?

Why do I expect from myself?

Expecting from myself is okay. I must do it in order to set my
goals. Meanwhile, I must always sit down for a while and come
back to the beginning. I must remind myself that no one else
is to be blamed for my dissatisfaction. For others, I am
'others', and they have their expectations from me, as well as
from themselves. Expectations clash!. Its always the self that
comes first. For me. For them.

Is this the secret of happiness, I was looking for??.and I have just stumbled upon?
Do not expect from others.

Too many questions??..Most of them are rhetorical.

8:13 AM



__Recent Musings__

__Ancient Musings__

__TimePass__